Like the idea of studying abroad, but not sure about committing to a full degree? If you’d like to test the waters before diving in, you can study overseas for just one term (around six months).
If you want to take time out after finishing school, Tester Semester is a great way of studying at university for a relatively short time to see how you get on with higher education.
If, after your Tester Semester, you love studying overseas and want to stay on to complete your whole degree, you can apply to stay. The academic credits earned during your Tester Semester could be credited toward your full degree (which would mean that after your Tester Semester, you would already have half a year of your degree done!)
If you decide to come home and study in the UK instead, you will still have amassed experiences and insights that should serve you well going forward in other university applications, job applications and life in general!
Tester Semester takes place during Semester 1 (February - June) in Australia and New Zealand.
Apply for Tester Semester with Study Options
- Look through each university’s profile and course offerings, below
- Decide which university you want to apply to
- Pick your courses! Even though you will be studying either three or four courses, depending on your preference, we would like you to nominate six courses, in case some modules don’t have availability, or set up a timetable clash. Make sure you take a careful note of the course codes when you make your choices – you’ll need to include these on the application form
- Download and fill out the application form
- Return the completed application form and your supporting documents to Study Options via email at email@example.com. Please send each document as a PDF scan, or as a photograph