Griffith is ranked in the top 5% of universities worldwide* and is home to more than 42,000 students from 131 countries. Established in 1975, Griffith is one of Australia’s younger universities. Since opening, it has come to be regarded as one of Australia’s most innovative tertiary institutions and one of the most influential universities in the Asia-Pacific region. At Griffith, you don’t just get a degree, you graduate job-ready with a comprehensive range of skills, work experience and resources to help you kick-start your global career.
Griffith’s five campuses are located in beautiful, sub-tropical south-east Queensland which averages 300 days of sunshine per year. Each campus has a distinct atmosphere and different academic options. Enjoy either the relaxed, beach lifestyle of the Gold Coast, or the bustling city life of Brisbane.
Areas Of Study
Griffith has more than 300 degree programmes and a practical and innovative approach to teaching. Whether you are interested in a bachelor, master or research programme, Griffith provides a broad range of study areas to choose from, including:
- Business and government
- Criminology and law
- Engineering and IT
- Environment, planning and architecture
- Humanities, social sciences and languages
- Science and aviation
- Visual and creative arts
Griffith is also regularly developing new programmes. To request a recent Griffith prospectus, contact Study Options.
Reach Your Potential
Make the most of your study at Griffith with our range of career enhancing programmes and initiatives, designed to help you gain professional experience and a competitive edge. These include:
Our Work-Integrated Learning (WIL) programme enables you to undertake a work related project, or a placement in a work environment, as part of your course. WIL integrates theoretical learning with practical application and ensures you transition successfully into the workforce when you graduate.
Industry Mentoring Programme
Griffith’s Industry Mentoring Programme links students with experienced professionals from similar career fields and aims to facilitate an in-depth understanding of potential employing organisations, work roles and workplaces.
Careers & Employment Service
Griffith University’s Careers and Employment Service helps you to find your career direction, prepare for your job search, find job vacancies and work experience and launch your global career.
Griffith offers a range of free support services to help you achieve success in your studies. These services include:
- A team of international student advisors who provide a specialist, dedicated support service for international students
- Griffith Mates welcome new students during Orientation Week and help them transition to life at university
- Academic, computer and library workshops
- Health services
- Counselling services
- Welfare and student liaison
- Student equity and disability support
- Free airport pick up
Leaders In Mobility
The Griffith Exchange Programme provides you with the opportunity to combine study with travel and add an international experience to your qualification. You can spend one or two semesters studying at a partner university or participate in a short-term programme. Most programmes will earn you credit towards your Griffith degree while enabling you to immerse yourself in a different culture and gain invaluable international contacts.
Meeting friends, learning about their cultures and engaging in different activities all enrich your university experience. Griffith Market days, cultural events, fun days and sporting events offer students a vibrant campus life.
Social And Cultural Clubs
Join one of more than 50 student clubs or societies. Student clubs are a great way to make friends in the campus community who share your interests. You can even start your own club to share your culture and heritage.
Expand your social network with Student Linx’s free events, run by students for students. In addition to a variety of weekly on-campus events, Student Linx offers students the opportunity to volunteer in the community and to meet local Australians.
On-campus accommodation is available at our Nathan, Mt Gravatt, Gold Coast and Logan campuses. Off-campus accommodation is also available and renting is the most common type of accommodation chosen by international students. Griffith University offers an off-campus accommodation assistance service to help students find a rental property when they arrive in Australia.
Griffith was created to be a university that offered degrees in progressive fields and it was the first Australian university to offer environmental science and Asian studies degrees. Griffith is among the world’s leading young universities and is ranked in the 2012 Times Higher Education Top 100 universities under the age of 50.
Griffith was ranked in the 2013 QS Top 200 World University Rankings By Subject in the following areas:
- Agriculture & Forestry (101-150)
- Communication and Media Studies (101-150)
- Education and Training (51-100)
- Environmental Studies (101-150)
- Law and Legal Studies (43=)
- Politics (51-100)
- Psychology (151-200)
- Sociology (101-15)
Griffith Study Highlights
- The Griffith Law School is now among the top 50 in the world, according to the 2013 QS World University Rankings by Subject.
- The Griffith School of Criminology and Criminal Justice is recognised as one of Australia’s leading criminology schools.
- The Griffith Business School holds international accreditation from AACSB International. This accreditation is considered one of the highest achievements for an educational institution. The
- Griffith Business School is committed to high quality education and research with a special focus on sustainable business development and responsible leadership.
- Queensland College of Art was established in 1881 and is one of Australia’s longest-running art and design colleges, offering the widest range of visual art programmes in Australia.
- The Griffith Film School is the Australia’s largest film school and offers programmes in film and television production, animation and games design.
- The Queensland Conservatorium is one of the largest Conservatoriums in Australia, with over 800 students training as music professionals.