Information for research applicants - Charles Darwin University
Disclaimer: This information is provided in good faith and is correct at June 2018. Please confirm these details with Study Options before making a formal application.
In order to submit an application to undertake a PhD at Charles Darwin University you must first make contact with a potential supervisor and get their provisional approval for your project.
As a first step, you should make contact with the Head of School or a researcher in your field of study for further assistance in determining if CDU has suitable supervision for your chosen area of study. You can access contact details at the following link.
Click on the School or research centre in your field of interest:
Don’t forget to attach your Research proposal, CV and/or list of publications when you contact the prospective supervisors and research centres.
Once you have confirmation from a supervisor, you must submit an application online here. You may be asked to enter agent or representative details in your application. Please enter Study Options contact details. This will enable Study Options to certify the documentation that is required for your application free of charge and also liaise with the admissions teams with regards to your application.
Our details are as follows:
Agent Name: Study Options
Agent Email: email@example.com
Agent Address: 83 Alma Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2DP
Once you have submitted your application, please contact Study Options and we will advise exactly what documents are required to support your application. Please send the originals of these to us – we will certify them and send them to your Admissions Case Officer directly. This is part of our free service.
A complete application includes the following documents:
- Completed online application form (http://student.cdu.apply.studylink.com) including referee information
- Copy of passport showing personal and visa details
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- Certified copies of all post-secondary qualification documents such as transcripts of results, award certificates, grading systems and English translations, if required
- Detailed CV / Resume with list of publications
- If you are applying for a scholarship, a copy of the Application for HDR Scholarship Form (HDR02). Scholarship information can be found here.
- Research Proposal Outline (HDR03)
- Referee report forms (HDR04) should be completed and sent by your referees directly to the University at Research.Degrees@cdu.edu.au.
- Existing Research Output Form (HDR37) for each publication and a copy of the first page of each publication
- Proof of contact with potential supervisor (i.e. email correspondence)
- Other supporting documentation, if applicable
Once your application is complete it will usually take between 8 and 12 weeks for the assessment to be completed. If your application is successful, Study Options will assist you with the acceptance and visa process. We can also provide advice and guidance on accommodation, bank accounts and more!