Information for research applicants - University of the Sunshine Coast
Disclaimer: This information is provided in good faith and is correct at January 2017. Please confirm these details with Study Options before making a formal application.
Step 1: Check entry requirements. Entry is highly competitive and depends on:
- your academic background
- the submission of a suitable research proposal
- the availability of a registered supervisor
- the availability of resources to support your proposed research topic
For further information, please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research Candidature – Procedures and the Higher Degrees by Research Admission and Enrolment – Guidelines which include admission pathways into specific higher degree by research programmes.
Step 2: Find a supervisor
Use the Research Supervisor Search to find a potential supervisor in your area of research. You may nominate a supervisor on your application form regardless of whether you've been able to contact them prior to submitting your application.
Step 3: Complete an application form
- The application form must be completed electronically. Download the Application for admission HDR (PDF 247KB).*
- Completed forms should be posted to Study Options (83 Alma Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2DP) with supporting documents (see below). Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Step 4: Submit completed application to Study Options, with the following supporting documentation
- Research Proposal. Download the Research proposal template (Word 13KB)
- Evidence of academic background
- Academic transcripts and completion certificates (transcripts must include a grading explanation). Formal notification from the qualifying university stating the allocation of marks to research component of a degree where not evident on the transcript
- Evidence of research publications/experience
- For example - Abstract (in English), details of publication, copy of the front page of the article/paper, link to article's location
- Evidence of citizenship
- Copy of birth certificate, passport, citizenship certificate, or visa
- Evidence of English language proficiency (required for applicants who are not from the UK, Canada, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, and United States)
Please send your completed application and supporting documentation to Study Options, 83 Alma Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 2DP.
We recommend that you use a secure delivery method, such as Recorded Delivery from Royal Mail, to send original documents to us. We will return your originals to you using the same method. Read our information about certifying your documents here.