New Master of Urban Planning and Design at Monash University for 2018
Monash University is introducing a new urban planning Masters to commence in 2018. The new two-year Master of Urban Planning and Design aims to put graduates ahead of the competition by training them to integrate design with traditional policy-driven processes.
This practical, project-based Master of Urban Planning and Design allows future planners to:
- Develop problem solving skills that integrate traditional planning methods with process-oriented design approaches
- Work closely with Monash’s urban space experts
- Collaborate across disciplines
- Tackle 21st-century urban problems in real time in real-world settings
- Engage with a wide range of challenges that cities and communities face such as rapid urbanisation, demographic shifts, new economies, climate change
- Understand, critique and re-propose the contemporary and future city
- Enrich knowledge by comparing plans and policies in cities around the world
The programme will start in February 2018, with further details to be added to the Monash University website very soon.
If you would like to find out more about Monash University in the meantime, you can view their Study Options’ profile here.