Scholarships for European students to study in New Zealand - Dream NEW
Taking part in a study abroad semester is a great opportunity for university students to experience a short period of study in a different country. Even if your current university does not have an exchange agreement with the university you would like to go to, study abroad enables you to choose to undertake a placement and can still count towards your final qualification.
Education New Zealand is currently offering a rare opportunity for students to receive a scholarship that will cover the tuition fees of a study abroad placement in New Zealand. The “Dream NEW” Scholarships are open to EU students who want to undertake a study abroad programme in New Zealand in Semester one, February/March 2018.
There are 25 full or partial scholarships available, up to a value of NZ$12,500. Candidates can choose to study at Auckland University of Technology, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, University of Waikato or Victoria University of Wellington.
Applicants for these scholarships must meet ALL the following criteria:
- Must be a EU (or Norway or Switzerland) citizen or hold EU residents (or Norway or Switzerland) status
- Currently enrolled at a tertiary institution in one of the 28 EU countries (or Norway or Switzerland)
- 18 years or above
Applications are welcome from citizens (or residents) of all European Union countries in all fields of study. Applicants must have English language proficiency in order to undertake courses in New Zealand. You will need to provide evidence of this in order to apply for the scholarship.
The application deadline for this scholarship is 1 September 2017, the application form for the scholarship can be found here. Students will also need to submit:
- Video or text statement explaining why you would like to study abroad in New Zealand
- Official transcript/s of university/tertiary level qualification/s to date
- Evidence of English-Language proficiency
- Curriculum Vitae (resume)
- Copy of the photo ID page of your passport