La Trobe is ranked among the top 1.5% of universities worldwide. Our academics are connected to industry and our research is world-class.
Our campuses are keeping pace: We have multi-million-dollar research and teaching facilities and a grand vision for the future of our campuses. We have also developed innovative student services including the MyLaTrobe app, which helps students get off to a great start.
Our mission is to advance learning and knowledge to shape the future of our students and communities. Our vision is to promote positive change and address the major issues of our time through being connected, inclusive and excellent.
La Trobe University is committed to:
- Providing an outstanding student experience
- Student and graduate employability
- Research excellence
- Being the partner of choice for industry, education and the community
La Trobe is committed to solutions to global problems and improvement in the welfare of human societies. We are focusing on five research areas, bringing together researchers to address issues affecting the future of our national and global community. These focus areas are:
- Building healthy communities. La Trobe is building health and wellbeing for all
- Securing food, water and the environment. La Trobe is helping create a sustainable world
- Sport, exercise and rehabilitation. La Trobe wants a more physically active Australia
- Transforming human societies. La Trobe is helping create a just and sustainable future
- Understanding disease. La Trobe is mitigating and eradicating disease
Course highlights and strengths include
Business and Commerce
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Bachelor of Finance
- Master of Financial Analysis
- Master of Accounting and Financial Management
- Bachelor of Business
- Master of Business Analytics
- Bachelor of International Business
- Master of Management
- Master of Business Information Management and Systems
- Bachelor of Nursing (Pre-registration)
- Master of Public Health
IT and Engineering
- Bachelor of Business Information Systems
- Master of Data Science
- Master of Cybersecurity (Computer Science)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Master of Information Technology
- Master of Information and Communication Technology
- Master of Telecommunication and Network Engineering
- Master of Electronic Engineering
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Master of Biotechnology Management
- Master of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Master of Chemical Sciences
Student services and facilities
Throughout your time at La Trobe, you can always get information, support and advice from the (ISS) International Student Services team at La Trobe International. We offer one-on-one help with academic, financial, accommodation, cultural and personal issues, visa issues, community activities and volunteer work opportunities, critical incidents, University policies and procedures.
A 24-hour student support hotline
If you need help after-hours call 1800 758 360 – we are on hand to help with anything you might be worried about.
ASK La Trobe
This allows you to contact staff directly with any administration enquiries and issues. They provide a 24/7 student help service where you will find answers to frequently asked questions about student life.
La Trobe provides support for career development and help with employment opportunities. The Career Ready team are here to help develop your career – from advice on finding a job, choosing a career path, or offering ideas on how to develop your skills.
Our mentoring programme will match you with someone who has experience in your field of interest, can share their knowledge and give you both guidance and support.
Voluntary work experience enables you to develop practical skills and gain a greater insight into what goes on in the workplace.
Many courses at La Trobe offer practical experience in an industry related to your studies.
Counseling Services provide caring and effective psychological, social, and emotional support to enhance students’ academic and personal success. Services include individual counselling; group programmes around study-related skills, health and wellbeing; self-help resources for wellbeing and support for students assessed as being at risk.
- La Trobe University is in the top 1.5% of universities worldwide
- No. 397 in the world in the QS World University Rankings 2019
- No. 59 in the world in the 2018 Golden Age rankings
- No. 301 in the world in the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2017.