La Trobe is ranked in the top 1.1% of universities worldwide, and among the top 50 universities in the Asia-Pacific*. Our partnerships with international institutions and industries promote a truly global education for our students. By choosing La Trobe, you’ll join bold thinkers, get real-world experience, develop a global perspective and graduate career ready.
Our graduates transform lives, professions, and communities. La Trobe prepares students to play a role in resolving significant global challenges like resource scarcity, climate change and social equality. Global citizenship, sustainability and entrepreneurship are central to our teaching. International students are an important part of our university and make a major contribution in fields of study that are changing the world.
*Times Higher Education (THE) 2019, QS World University Rankings 2020; THE Best Universities in Asia-Pacific Region, 2019
Key study areas
- Business and commerce
- Health science
- Information technology
- Law and criminology
- Social science
- Education and Teaching
We value academic excellence. If you are a high-achieving student applying to us for undergraduate or postgraduate study, you will also be assessed for a scholarship for the duration of your studies at La Trobe.
Student services and facilities
Throughout your time at La Trobe, you’re always welcome to seek advice, information and support from the International Student Services (ISS) team at La Trobe International. They will support you every step of the way, with any academic, social financial and cultural concerns you might have.
ASK La Trobe
This is where you can contact staff directly with student administration enquiries and issues. It is a 24/7 service where you will find answers to frequently asked questions on both study and student life.
La Trobe offers support with career development and employment opportunities for all our students. The Career Ready team can offer advice on finding a job, choosing a career, becoming an entrepreneur, or ideas for developing your skills. They also help with mentoring programmes and work experience.
Counselling Services provide caring, effective psychological, social, and emotional support. Services include:
- Individual counselling
- Group programmes and workshops around study-related skills, health and wellbeing
- Self-help resources for wellbeing
- Support for students at risk of violent and threatening behaviour
Our research strategy encourages innovation, specialisation and collaboration. La Trobe has a fine history as an excellent university with an enduring social conscience. As part of our Future Ready strategy, our plan is to grow and develop La Trobe’s traditional leadership in areas of research, scholarship and learning that matter to the Australian community such as Building healthy communities, securing food, water and environment, sports, exercise and rehabilitation, transforming human societies and understanding disease.
- Bachelor of Archaeology
- Bachelor of Biomedicine
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Criminology/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Dental Science (Hons)
- Bachelor of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Hons)
- Bachelor of Humanities, Innovation and Technology
- Bachelor of Languages and Linguistics
- Bachelor of Nursing (Pre-reg)
- Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (Hons)
- Bachelor of Sport Coaching and Development
- Master of Artificial Intelligence
- Master of Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Master of Chemical Sciences
- Master of Construction and Engineering Management
- Master of Cybersecurity
- Master of Data science
- Master of Digital Health
- Master of Digital Marketing Communication
- Master of Electronic Engineering
- Master of Healthcare Analytics
- Master of Law & Entrepreneurship
- Master of Management (Supply Chain and Logistics)
- Master of Telecommunication and Network Engineering
- Master of Internet of Things