Murdoch is one of Australia’s leading universities, ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide*, and internationally recognised as one of the top 100 universities under 50 years of age**.
Murdoch was established in 1973 as a research university and is a dynamic, modern university with a national reputation for excellence in teaching, research and student satisfaction. Murdoch also recently received a five star rating from QS in the categories of Facilities, Internationalisation and Innovation and a five star rating for Graduate Employment Outcomes – this means our students get jobs!
Education at Murdoch is about creating opportunities for your future – in this fast paced age of globalisation, career possibilities are endless. Here at Murdoch, we create the pathways to enable you to access every one of those possibilities. We have a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses to choose from, state-of-the art facilities, including real-to-life nursing hospital wards, a fully operating veterinary teaching hospital, a nationally renowned, hands on instrumentation and control engineering pilot plant, multi-million dollar law facilities and great student services.
We will help you to make the most of your university education and offer opportunities that will make your study experience truly memorable.
*Times Higher Education 2015 World University Rankings
**Times Higher Education, 100 Under 50 Ranking 2015. QS Stars 2015. Good Universities Guide 2014
- Murdoch’s Nursing School uses industry standard clinical teaching wards and the latest stimulation suites to provide real life experiences in inter-professional settings.
- Purpose-built multi-million dollar law building, including electronic Moot Court and Law Clinic. In its first five graduating classes Murdoch Law School produced a Rhodes Scholar, a Fulbright Scholar, a Lionel Murphy Scholar and winners of the Rotary Graduate Fellowship.
- The Engineering School boasts a pilot plant and a six-month industry internship programme.
- Our veterinary science degree is fully accredited by the British Veterinary Association and was the first in Australia to be given accreditation by the American Veterinary Medical Association. We have a veterinary hospital and 24 hour clinic and are the only Australian university with a large animal farm on campus.
- Murdoch is home to a state-of the-art Media Arts Centre with two digital TV studios, a news room, a print journalism space, radio studios, video edit suites, recording studios, surround sound suites and much more.
Quality student services
Murdoch offers extensive support services for overseas students, including a full orientation programme; student advisers on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week; accommodation assistance and social functions.
What can I study at Murdoch?
Engineering and IT
Computer science; cyber forensics and information security; games software design and production; internetworking and security; engineering (electrical power, environmental, instrumentation and control and more); extractive metallurgy; games technology; information technology; maths and statistics; and renewable energy.
Early childhood care; primary education; secondary education.
Management and governance
Accounting; economics; hospitality and tourism management; human resource management; international business; marketing.
Asian studies; Indigenous studies; community development; public relations; English and creative writing; games art and design; communication management; history; interactive digital design; journalism; sociology; theology; tourism and events management; screen production; sound; security, terrorism and counterterrorism and sustainable development.
Nursing; chiropractic; counselling and health care management.
Psychology and exercise science
Cognitive neuroscience and health psychology; sport and health science; social and developmental psychology; exercise physiology.
Law; criminology; legal studies; common law; business law.
Veterinary and life sciences
Animal science; biological science; conservation and wildlife biology; environmental sciences; marine science; forensic biology and toxicology; veterinary science; plant biosecurity; food security and protected area management.
Public policy and international affairs
Development studies; international affairs; public policy; management.