We are Australia’s largest tertiary institution, located in the heart of Melbourne – one of the most liveable cities in the world.
Why choose RMIT University?
- We are ranked in the top 1% of universities globally*, with an international reputation for excellence in technology, design and enterprise.
- Our flexible and stackable programmes give you more options than most institutions. We offer over 450 internationally recognized qualifications, from short-term Study Abroad programmes, certificates and diplomas, through to bachelors degrees, postgraduate, masters and PhD options.
- We have built over 16,000 networks with prestigious business partners around the world, so you will get invaluable industry experience via projects, collaborations, internships and more. Our partners include leading organisations such as BMW, the United Nations, Deloitte, Adidas and L’Oréal.
- Our campuses are known for their award-winning, urban spaces and state-of-the-art facilities. Our cutting-edge facilities include the RMIT Media Portal, Micro-Nano Research Facility, Advanced Manufacturing Precinct and Design Hub.
- Our campuses campuses are thriving social hubs, with a huge range of social and sporting clubs, trips and tours, live music and events, to get you involved and connected.
- The RMIT Activator provides a range of free entrepreneurship modules and programmes to support your dreams and help you develop agile, innovative ways of thinking.
- We provide students with a suite of micro-credentials, RMIT Creds, to build your professional capabilities beyond your study programme. The credentials have been co-designed with industry to make you a more effective employee or business owner.
*2019 QS World University Rankings
Reputation and rankings
RMIT is a leader in technology, design and enterprise. We are among the top Australian performers in the 2019 QS World University Rankings:
- #12 in the world and #1 in Australia and Asia-Pacific in art and design
- #22 in the world in architecture and the built environment
- Top 50 in the world in communications and media studies and library and information management
- Top 100 in the world in civil and structural engineering; electrical and electronic engineering; development studies; and education.
RMIT academic study areas
College of Business
- Business, IT and logistics
- Economics, finance and marketing
- Graduate School of Business and Law
- Vocational business education
College of Design & Social Context
- Architecture and urban design l Art
- Fashion and textiles
- Global, urban and social studies
- Media and communication
- Property, construction and project management
College of Science, Engineering & Health
- Health and biomedical sciences
- Vocational engineering, health and sciences
Explore our campuses
Melbourne City campus
Situated in the heart of Melbourne, the City campus is surrounded by some of the world’s best galleries, restaurants, cafes, theatres, shops, recreational venues and parks.
Brunswick campus – creative hub
Brunswick, 6km north of the city, is where multicultural Melbourne meets its creative soul. This campus is home to around 2,500 students and to many of RMIT’s design-related programmes, including fashion and textile technologies, merchandising and product development. RMIT’s A$8 million Fashion Hub is a world-class facility located at this campus. This space allows students and staff to experiment with fashion design in an urban environment while learning industry best practice. Getting to Brunswick campus from the city is easy via train or tram.
Bundoora campus – the great outdoors
Situated to the north of Melbourne, the Bundoora campus is home to many of RMIT’s health, biomedical science and engineering courses. The campus has purpose-built laboratories, state-of-the-art teaching facilities and a number of sport and recreational facilities, including a FIFA-approved football pitch, an Australian Rules football oval, an athletics track, and tennis and netball courts. Located near to the campus, RMIT’s Health Science Clinic provides training for students of Chinese medicine, chiropractic, osteopathy and psychology. It is surrounded by native bushland and parks and has good public transport links.