The University of Queensland (UQ) is ranked consistently among the world’s top universities. UQ has delivered unparalleled teaching, learning and research excellence to create positive change globally for more than a century.
Our three main campuses are in and around Brisbane (St Lucia, Herston and Gatton) and boast beautiful grounds where you can relax between classes or catch up with friends. We also offer world-class sporting facilities, more than 200 social, sports, and academic clubs and societies, and many cultural activities such as theatre, dances, concerts, movies, debates, markets and art exhibitions.
As a UQ student, you will be part of a diverse, supportive, inclusive campus community of over 52,000 students, including over 15,400 international students from 135 different countries. UQ now has 250,000 graduates in its global alumni network, which includes approximately 13,300 PhDs and spans more than 170 countries.
UQ is committed to providing students with the best opportunities and practical experiences. We will empower you with transferable knowledge and skills to prepare you to exceed expectations throughout your career. Through the UQ Employability Award programme students are encouraged to develop their skills beyond the classroom by participating in a range of activities in volunteering and work experience. This helps to produce well-rounded, highly sought-after graduates.
UQ is one of only three Australian members of the global Universitas 21; a founding member of the Group of Eight (Go8); and one of only two Australian charter members of the prestigious edX consortium, the world’s leading not-for-profit consortium of MOOCs.
- Exceptional programme choice across a range of study areas at undergraduate, postgraduate and research higher degree levels
- A strong focus on teaching excellence, having won more Australian Awards for University Teaching than any other Australian university
- Opportunities for students to gain practical experience and make valuable connections with prospective employers through internships and work placements
- Innovative and flexible learning options, diverse and dynamic partnership opportunities, and an integrated digital and campus learning environment
- A life beyond the classroom to meet new people and to access a wide range of sporting and cultural activities
- A network of highly ranked partner institutions and alumni networks worldwide, giving students international opportunities to build a global career
Where is UQ?
UQ has three main campuses in and around Brisbane, the state capital of Queensland. Brisbane is the third largest city in Australia, after Sydney and Melbourne, with a multicultural population of around 2.4 million.
Brisbane is fast becoming a hub in the Asia-Pacific for business, Investment, major events and education. In 2017, Brisbane was named one of the most beautiful cities in the world by travel guide Rough Guide.
Brisbane’s amazing weather and sporting facilities make physical activity a must. Kayak along the Brisbane River, rock climb your way to the top of the Kangaroo Point Cliffs, cycle along more than 20 kilometres of riverside paths or attend a rugby union, rugby league, cricket, ‘Aussie Rules’ or football match at one of our famous city stadiums.
Just an hour’s drive south of the city lie the golden beaches and theme parks of the Gold Coast. If you travel north you will find the beaches, national parks and rainforests of the Sunshine Coast, while just off the coast lie the pristine Stradbroke and Moreton Islands, both popular day-trip and holiday destinations.
- CWTS Leiden Ranking 2018 – 32
- Performance Ranking of Scientific Papers for World Universities – 41
- QS World University Rankings 2018 – 47
- US News Best Global Universities Rankings – 45
- Academic Ranking of World Universities – 55
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings – 65